top of page

ФЕДЕРАЦИЯ ТХЭКВОНДО РОССИИ

ציבורי·10 חברים

Should I Buy Fortnite _HOT_

Fortnite's Season 5 battle pass is out today, and for those players that like to play both Fortnite and dress-up, that means it's time to pay the piper. For those that don't know, the battle pass is a one-time purchase you can make that allows you access to a whole treasure trove of skins, gliders, pickaxes, emotes and more. You don't get them automatically, however: you have to level up and unlock them through play. It's a phenomenal value for what you get, so long as we are assigning a concept of value to cosmetic digital goods. Which we are! The real question, however, is: should you buy it? Does it make the game better enough to spend the requisite $10? Let's think about this question.

should i buy fortnite

So we'll ask ourselves a few questions. First is: do you have $10? Or, in another way, what is $10 worth to you? If $10 is a lot of money to you, this is a bigger decision than it might be if $10 is what you spend on lunch every day. Fortnite is, of course, a free-to-play game, so you shouldn't really feel like the $10 is something you need in order to enjoy Fortnite: Battle Royale.

That really gets at the main reason why you might buy the battle pass. It isn't really so much for any of the stuff in it, though the stuff in it is good. It's more to give yourself a sense of structure and progression as you play a game that's really sort of the same thing over and over again. And so that's what you should ask yourself: are you capable of just playing this game to win and have fun? Or are you the sort that loves to see progress bars go up as you play games? There's no shame in it, some of my favorite games are basically animated progress bars.

With the game being as popular as it is, it's not too shocking to see that it continually makes a ton of money off of in-game microtransactions. However, those new to the game may be wondering what's the smartest way to spend money in Fortnite, and whether or not you should buy V-Bucks at all. Thankfully, we've got you covered.

Before we talk about getting the best value out of your V-Buck, we should first break down the value attached to the currency itself. The smallest amount you can buy is 1,000 V-Bucks for $10, so that sets the base value of a single V-Buck around one cent, although you won't find anything in the Fortnite store for less than 500 V-Bucks. That makes the base in-app purchase around $5. Of course, Canadians and anyone living outside the U.S. will end up paying more based on the currency exchange rate.

For those who prefer to have constant access to the most current Battle Pass on top of a stream of rewards, Epic Games also offers a subscription service, known as Fortnite Crew, that gives players 1,000 V-Bucks every month, access to the newest Battle Pass, and a monthly Crew pack that includes an exclusive outfit bundle. The subscription will run players $11.99 every month, so this should be reserved for those who play nothing but Fortnite.

In my opinion, you should only invest in V-Bucks if you're a diehard Fortnite player and you play across multiple platforms. A Battle Pass upgrade is a great place to start, as a thriftier gamer with just a Battle Pass upgrade has the potential to unlock a good collection of gear through just one season of play. The $25 pack that gives you 2,800 V-Bucks is probably your best value, as you'll be able to afford a premium Battle Pass for the upcoming season while maintaining a V-Bucks balance in case something in the item shop really catches your eye.

@WickedUnicarnBoi hating on fortnite is a popular pastime for many gamers, and i agree, ignore the pop-hate. Its silly to hate on games just because they dont appeal to you. I'm an adult gamer who's played about 200 hrs of FN and think it's amazing. I've also beaten Dark Souls without a guide, and finished Enter The Gungeon. But i guess im a casual scumbag for liking FN. ;'] 041b061a72

מי אנחנו

ברוך הבא לקבוצה! אתה יכול להתחבר עם מנויים אחרים, לקבל עדכונ...

חברים

• Feodor Martyshcenko
  • Gabriel Rivera
    Gabriel Rivera
  • Oliver Cook
    Oliver Cook
  • Noah Reed
    Noah Reed
  • Airam Rojas Zerpa
    Airam Rojas Zerpa
bottom of page